About Bank of Eastern Oregon

Our Background

Bank of Eastern Oregon was originally chartered in 1945 as the Gilliam County Bank, Arlington.  In 1957 and 1959, operations were expanded to Heppner and Ione with the bank changing its name at that time to Bank of Eastern Oregon.  Bank of Eastern Oregon is a state chartered independent community bank and intends to remain independent.

The bank currently has less than 400 shareholders with no one owning more than 10% of the bank's stock.  Since its inception, Bank of Eastern Oregon's primary mission has been to serve the agricultural banking needs of its customers.