Important information for CONSUMER ATM/DEBIT CARDHOLDERS:
EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2010 for NEW ACCOUNTS and AUGUST 15, 2010 for EXISTING ACCOUNTS - Federal Regulation E rules give debit and ATM card users additional options regarding overdrafts. We must offer you choices about overdraft services for transactions made with your debit or ATM cards.
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
1. We have standard overdraft practices; we refer to as Bounce Protection, that may come with your account.
2. We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
· Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
· Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to:
· ATM transactions
· Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Bank of Eastern Oregon pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices (Bounce Protection):
· We will charge you a fee of $25* each time we pay an overdraft.
· There is a maximum of $125* per day of total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
* These fees are current as of June 2010. These fees are subject to change.
Please contact your local branch for current fee information.
What if I want Bank of Eastern Oregon to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, print this OPT-IN form complete the form and present it at a branch or mail it to: ,
Bank of Eastern Oregon
PO Box 39
Heppner OR 97836
If you decide in the future that you DON’T want this service, you have the right to revoke the earlier consent you provided to us. Simply let us know.
Unless we hear from you, your account is considered opted out and we will not authorize and pay overdrafts on your ATM and everyday debit card transactions.
If you have any questions about opting in for this service or need additional information, please contact your local branch.