BEO Bancorp has Record Quarter and Annual Earnings
E. George Koffler, President & CEO, (541) 676-020l
Mark Lemmon, EVP & CFO, (541) 676-0201
Joey J. Warmenhoven, McAdams, Wright, & Ragan, Market Maker, (866) 662-0351
John T. Cavender, Howe Barnes Hoefer & Arnett, Market Maker, (800) 346-5544
(OTC Bulletin Board: BEOB)
Heppner, Oregon, (January 29, 2008). BEO Bancorp, and its subsidiary, Bank of Eastern Oregon, recorded its largest quarterly and annual net income in the history of the organization.
- 4Q2007 net income $708,000, an increase of 57.3% year over year.
- 2007 YTD net income $2,325,000, an increase of 58.7% over 2006 YTD net income.
- Total Asset growth was 12.6%, year end total assets a record $207,636,000.
- Total Loans increased 23.8% year over year to $148,274,000 at year end 2007.
- Total Deposits increased 4.7% to year end total deposits of $170,160,000.
- Earnings per share $2.64 2007 YTD versus earnings per share of $1.66 in 2006.
- ROAE YTD 22.2%. ROAA YTD 1.19%.
“We are extremely pleased with the results of the year just concluded,” said President and CEO, E. George Koffler. “The performance was keyed by a management team that continued to find ways to increase revenue and control expenses, a support staff that provides top quality back office results, a credit team that improved loan totals without sacrificing quality, and a veteran, dedicated branch system of employees that consistently provides excellent customer service,” said Koffler.
The January issue of US Banker rated BEO Bancorp’s return on equity as 11th highest for all banks nationally and 4th highest in the community bank classification.
Financial details and exhibits can be accessed at www.beobank.com.
About BEO Bancorp
BEO Bancorp is the holding company for Bank of Eastern Oregon, which operates 11 branches and three loan production offices in nine eastern Oregon counties. Branches are located in Arlington, Ione, Heppner, Condon, Irrigon, Boardman, Burns, John Day, Prairie City, Fossil and Moro; loan production offices are located in Hermiston, Enterprise, and Ontario. Bank of Eastern Oregon also operates a mortgage division and offers brokerage services through BEO Financial Services. The bank’s website is www.beobank.com.
The statements contained in this release that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements based upon management’s current expectations and beliefs concerning future
developments and their potential effect on BEO Bancorp. There can be no assurances that future developments affecting BEO Bancorp will be the same as those anticipated by management.
Actual results may differ from those projected in the forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to:
(1) Competitive pressures in the banking and financial industries.
(2) Changes in interest rate environment.
(3) General economic conditions, nationally, regionally, and in operating markets.
(4) Changes in regulatory environment.
(5) Changes in business conditions and inflation.
(6) Changes in securities markets.
(7) Future credit loss experience.